Photo Credit: Anita Faurot © 2008
Experienced Patent Law Attorney Represents Innovators Worldwide
For Independent Inventors, Small Businesses, and Corporations
The Law Office of Steven R. Olsen, PLLC represents the interests of independent inventors, small/mid-sized businesses, and other entities in patent matters before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. The firm’s focus is on acquiring patent rights for its clients. Although the firm is located in central Florida, it serves clients worldwide.
Unique Combination of Technical and Legal Experience
After obtaining his engineering degree, he worked for 17 years at a major electronics company. Mr. Olsen started as a design engineer and later held middle management positions in product development, manufacturing and marketing. Having gained an appreciation for the value of patent rights in the marketplace, Mr. Olsen attended law school in the evenings, graduating cum laude from The Catholic University of America in 2001. He developed his patent application preparation, prosecution, and counseling expertise as an associate attorney at two highly-regarded national law firms. His supporting role on several high-stakes patent litigation matters also informs his current patent application preparation process. Mr. Olsen opened his own patent firm in February 2007.
Attorney Olsen helps clients decide whether pursuing patent protection is even prudent. If it is, he can suggest the most cost-effective patent application preparation, filing, and prosecution strategy. The Law Office of Steven R. Olsen PLLC offers most attorney tasks on a firm fixed-fee basis. The costs are predictable because the client approves all fees in advance. There are no surprises.
Legal Services Menu
The Law Office of Steven R. Olsen, PLLC is a federal patent practice. Mr. Olsen:
- Conducts prior art searches to provide insight into patentability, clearance, or market competition;
- Prepares patentability opinions;
- Prepares and files U.S. provisional (utility) patent applications;
- Prepares and files U.S. non-provisional (utility) patent applications;
- Prepares and files U.S. design patent applications;
- Prepares and files international patent applications;
- Prosecutes patent applications before examiners at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO);
- Appeals examiner rejections to the USPTO’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB);
- Challenges the validity of U.S. (competitor) patent grants before the USPTO’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB);
- Prepares and files 3rd-party submissions in U.S. (competitor) patent applications;
- Prepares and files 3rd-party observations in international (competitor) patent applications;
- Records patent assignment documents in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO);
- Performs patent due diligence investigations, for example with respect to a potential investment in or acquisition of a target company; and
- Provides patent counseling related to patent acquisition.
Mr. Olsen has experience in a wide range of technology areas, including:
- Computer software
- Computer architecture
- Electrical/electronic components and systems
- Mechanical components and systems
- Electro-mechanical systems
- Manufacturing processes
- Business methods
Take the First Step with a Free Consultation
Contact patent attorney Steven Olsen through this website or by calling his office at 352-586-6628. Initial consultations are free. With extensive engineering and legal experience, the Law Office of Steven R. Olsen PLLC is an ideal choice as you consider patent protection for your invention.